International Moving in England

Whether you’re moving to England from the US or another European country, acquainting yourself with international moving laws and requirements is quite important. International moving is a costly venture and shipping new objects to England can be daunting and tedious as there are a number of factors come into play.

To start, one of our trained moving specialists will provide a one-on-one consultation with you, thoroughly outlining your moving options based on certain criteria. In this regard, we’ve put forward a brief guide to help you with International Moving rules and regulations within England.

Used Household Goods and Personal Belongings

a picture from englandDocuments Required:

• Legible copy of passport
• Detailed inventory in English, dated, and signed by the owner of the goods
• Transfer of Residence (ToR)
• Copy of bill of lading (BL) / air waybill (AWB)
• C426 with a cover letter from the respective embassy (diplomat)

Few Guidelines for Household Goods

• Owners of the goods must go online to apply for a Transfer of Residence (ToR). Approval will allow the owner of the goods to import their personal & household effects goods into the UK with relief from import duties and charges.
• An application must be made before packing shipment.
• Once approval is obtained, the owner of the goods will be given a Unique Reference Number (URN) which will need to be passed onto UK Customs in place of the previous customs form C3.
• The C3 form will become obsolete on 3/31/2017 and will not be acceptable for Customs clearance after this date.
• The link to the ToR application can be found at the end of this document in ‘Consignment Instructions.’

After verification, customs will issue documents for customs clearance. You might be required to produce a list of items imported so always have a copy with you during the whole process.

Mandates for Motor Vehicles

Before importing, ensure that the vehicle is compliant with the UK rules and regulation as it will be inspected by the authorities on arrival. If the vehicle has been used for more than six months, it’ll qualify for the duty and tax relief. While importing, ensure that the vehicle is clean of any contamination so include proof of cleaning as well. Our agents are very knowledgeable about the process and can assist you with various tasks throughout the entire move.

Guidelines for Pets

Pets must go to their respective vet and pass a clean bill of health that’s signed off by the vet his or herself. Among that visit, retrieve copies of vaccination records, a medication he or she may be taking, and more.
Animals must comply with the Pets Travel Scheme (PETS) and must be licensed by the Animal Health Department. Pets are quarantined upon entry into the country. Animals must be fitted with a microchip. Certain requirements must be met regarding the vaccination against rabies for specific countries.

Aragon Movers

Lastly, English moving laws and regulations are quite simple with crystal clear requirements. So, before you make any international move, be sure to choose the right moving company. Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air/sea shipments. Take multiple quotations from different companies, so you’re sure about choosing us. If you have any more questions about our services and our company, please let us know!