Are you moving to Ukraine from the South Florida area? Aragon Movers is the best moving company to handle the stress of an international move.
We’re here to provide assistance with understanding the appropriate immigration policies, what life is like in the Ukraine, and what Aragon Movers can do to help make your transition go smoothly.
Moving to Ukraine
An international move can be an incredible hassle considering all of the logistics that are involved. You not only need to worry about packing and shipping your entire home overseas but making sure that your shipments adhere to foreign customs policies.
Aragon Movers is a proud member of the International Association of Movers, and is how we assist customers with making such big moves over long distances. We proudly serve over 170 countries, including the Ukraine. We’ve done so successfully for over 60 years!
Here is some of the information you’ll need to be aware of regarding your move to Ukraine. Don’t worry, Aragon Movers will be there to help every step of the way.
- Copy of passport
- Copy of visa
- Original bill of lading
- Packing list
- Pro-forma invoice
- Immigration card
- Work permit
- Employment contract
- Employer registration certificate
- Employment confirmation
- Detailed inventory lists
- Separate list of art objects
- Separate list of all electrical appliances with serial number
- Separate list of antique items produced before 1945
- Separate list of all books issued before 1939
- Customs declaration
- For non-diplomats the employment contract is needed in case the work permit is not ready
- It is recommended that DVDs, CDs, and audio and videotapes be packaged into separate sealed boxes.
- Temporary import of any quantity of CDs and DVDs is allowed, but the owner of the goods must move the equal quantity of CDs and DVDs.
- If CDs or DVDs were not brought, than the owner of the goods is allowed to take 20 CDs/DVDs.
- The detailed inventory lists must include a detailed description of each item, total number of pieces, Customs value for each item, total value for customs purposes, which must align with value on Pro-forma invoice (not needed for Diplomats).
- Non-diplomats do not need a separate list of art objects if it is modern (after 1970) art for free circulation within Ukraine.
- If you do not have a DIP card, service card, work permit / contract, permanent residence permit, or are a returning Ukrainian then every in-bound shipment is subject to the issuance of a Customs declaration for each Harmonized System code (HS code).
- The cost of the Customs declaration will be determined during Customs clearance.
- The owner of the goods’ organization mentioned on the air waybill must be registered in Ukraine.
- If there is no detailed inventory list for any shipment, the Customs officer is entitled to make an intensive inspection and evaluate every item; this process can range from approximately 3 to 10 working days, which may result in an increase in Customs fees and value added tax (VAT) to be paid by the owner of the goods.
Life in Ukraine
The cost of living in Ukraine, particularly in Kiev, can be fairly high, though it is possible to find affordable dwellings. It’s recommended to set up employment opportunities prior to your move. Additionally, if you receive an opportunity to teach English or volunteer at schools, you’ll likely have your basic living expenses covered by your employer.
Ukraine also features reliable and affordable public transportation, particularly by train. However, many local residents do not speak English, meaning you’ll make life easier by learning at least some Ukrainian. The other predominant language used in the area is Russian. Medical care is also extremely cheap or free here, and the locals tend to look fondly on previous U.S. residents.
Moving to Ukraine with Aragon Movers of South Florida
Aragon Movers features expert agents prepared to help you out with every step of your difficult move. We start out by providing free in-home estimates, and calculate the best available costs for shipping your items safely overseas. We’ll assist with making sure that your shipments adhere to customs regulations, so that you don’t need to worry about the stress and headaches of moving.
To get started with your international move, contact Aragon Movers today at (877)-921-5678.