Planning on moving to South Korea all the way from South Florida? You’re going to need the help of a professional moving company who specializes in international moves.
That’s why Aragon Movers of South Florida is your go-to moving company. We’re part of a network that serves international movers worldwide. We’re going to break down what you need to prepare for this long-distance move and what you can expect.
Life in South Korea for Expats
If you’re unfamiliar with the Korean language or cultural customs, life can be challenging as a foreigner. Their values and ways of doing things are different than what we’re accustomed to in the United States. Many Koreans do not speak English, so it’s essential that you learn to speak Korean, even if you go there as an English teacher.
Additionally, you’ll want to grasp an understanding of the Korean alphabet, Hangeul, in order to read signs and menus. It’s also difficult to find work outside of tech or electronic fields, and even then, you’ll need to be a very strong native speaker. Many members of the expat community are there to teach English to local students.
When you arrive in Korea, you’ll likely have accommodations already arranged if you’re there on work duty. The closer you live to cities like Seoul, the cost of living in South Korea goes up. However, it comes with the benefit of reliable public transportation that operates almost all hours of the day.
Understand the Customs Policies for Household Goods
- Copy of passport
- Detailed inventory
- Copy of bill of lading
- Alien registration card
- Certificate of entry and exit for returning citizens
- Customs declaration form
- Power of attorney
- Passport copy should be a copy of the owner of the goods’ passport, and each of the accompanying family members.
- The ARC must be valid for at least 12 months.
- Goods must arrive at port of entry / airport of entry (POE / AOE) in Korea within 6 months of the owner of the goods’ arrival.
- Clearance should take place at a Customs bonded warehouse (except for diplomats).
- Personal effects cannot be Customs cleared prior to the owner of the goods’ arrival.
- All incoming shipments, excluding diplomatic shipments, are subject to open inspection by the Korean Customs Authority.
- However, even diplomats, due to container access restriction within Seoul’s four main gates area, must have containers de-vanned and trans-loaded to mover’s van but without inspection.
- Evidence of at least 12 months abroad must be shown in passport (returning citizens).
- Original title
- Original registration certificate
- Copy purchase receipt or invoice
- Insurance policy documents
Moving to South Korea with Aragon Movers South Florida
Aragon Movers is proud to assist expats moving to South Korea and abroad. International moves can be an extreme hassle with organizing overseas shipments and making sure that you adhere to foreign policy. That’s why our expert agents worldwide are ready to assist movers with the difficult processes, so you don’t have to.
Contact Aragon Movers today at (877)-921-5678 to get your free in-home estimate!