Are you thinking about moving to Fiji? It’s understandable as Fiji is one of the most famous vacation and honeymoon locations in the world. Living in Fiji can be expensive or affordable depending on the island and the type of lifestyle you lead. In the capital city of Suva, the cost of living can prove to be high. This is not true in all areas, as many parts of the country are quite affordable. However, when you arrive in Fiji, you’ll feel like you found paradise.
What’s Fiji Culture Like?
Because of the tourism and frequent travel, it’s not uncommon to see expats living in Suva or Nadi. It’s also home to various international schools, sometimes representing students from over 40 countries. Jobs are not as abundant as more populated cities and countries, but it plays host to an active tourism and hospitality industry.
In fact, the famous Coral Coast is an area of Fiji on Viti Levu designed to accommodate incoming tourism. It’s home to beautiful scenery, beaches, and crystalline waters. Wherever you decide to work, you’ll need a work permit from your employer, as a travel visa doesn’t cut it in Fiji.
It’s also extremely comfortable for United States citizens to transition as English is the primary language in Fiji. Locals may also speak Fijian or Hindi. If you’re looking for a comfortable move that allows you to live on island time, Fiji is the place for you.
What Do I Need to Move to Fiji?
- Copy of Passport
- Packing List
- Original Bill of Lading
- Residence Permit
- Detailed Inventory of New Items (Purchased Less Than 6 Months Prior)
- Tax Identification Number
- Customs Baggage Declaration
- Relevant documents must be received by the agent prior to arrival of the shipment to minimize any port charges.
- The owner of the goods must be present for Customs clearance.
- All shipments are subject to inspection.
- Diplomatic organizations are subject to duty and value added tax (VAT) exemptions provided the consignee to complete the form FA608 prior to arrival of the shipment.
- Clothing, toiletries, personal computers, and other personnel effects are also free to import.
Moving to Fiji? Travel with Aragon Movers
If you’re ready to make island paradise life a full-time thing, let Aragon Movers help you out. We’re a proud member of the International Association of Movers (IAM). This is a network of movers that service over 170 countries for all moving needs. Our technicians are trained in safe, approved moving methods and work with agents worldwide to satisfy customs policies.
When you’re ready to move to Fiji, give Aragon Movers of South Florida a call at (877)-921-5678 to receive your free in-home estimate today!